xboard-devel

Re: [XBoard-devel] mime types

From: h.g. muller
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] mime types
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2012 09:40:01 +0100

At the moment I'm not sure where we a distribution would store
desktop files that we want to use just for mime-types association, but I
think clearer names that will avoid conflicts is a good idea...

I understood from Byrial that we cannot just store these files somewhere,
butthat they should be installed bythe commands:

xdg-mime install --mode system --novendor xboard.xml
xdg-desktop-menu install --mode system --novendor pgn-viewr.desktop
... // other desktop files
xdg-icon-resource install --context mimetypes --size 48 pixmaps/board48.xpm application-x-chess-pgn xdg-icon-resource install --context mimetypes --size 48 pixmaps/cross48.xpm x-xboard-pgn
... // other icon sizes

I will, should be easy to add to the make file and building of the rpms

OK, but we should not make a developer release before this is done,
so it will be tested too.

We could provide some for ICS and FICS, but if people want to use other
ones,

Do you know any other ones? Except for my own ICS, I don't think any exist.