xboard-devel

Re: [XBoard-devel] Cross compiling Winboard in Linux

From: h.g. muller
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] Cross compiling Winboard in Linux
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2012 19:58:28 +0100

5) I removed $(PROJ).exe's dependency of $(PROJ).hlp in the makefile, as I cannot build the help file (I found nothing to replace "C:/Program Files/Help Workshop/hcrtf"). That dependency seems unnecessary to me anyway.

This is something even peoplebuilding on Windows often complain about, as having the help compiler is not standard.

Isn't there a simple way to prevent make from aborting when a command produces an error, like writing

command || true

or

command || echo helpfile couldnot be built

or something like that to mask a possible error-exit code? Or is a non-existing binary too severe an error for that?