xboard-devel

[XBoard-devel] XBoard dialog colors

From: h.g. muller
Subject: [XBoard-devel] XBoard dialog colors
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 15:25:09 +0100

I suddenly noticed that all the XBoard dialogs are now completely white,
while in earlier screenshots we poblished in the html 'news' files they all
had a light-gray background. Did we change anything in the default X settings,
or is this something that is centrally controlled by the desktop theme
(which seems to have changed in the upgrade from Ubuntu 8.04 to 10.04)?

My first reaction to these ugly contrast-free dialogs were of course to set
the color of the widgets myself, but perhaps this goes contrary to the
philosophy of the desktop design. (I have not pushed that (quite trivial) patch
to Savannah yet). The old color-scheme also did leave something to be
desired, as having the same color for push buttons, check boxes and
the dialog background also did not look so hot.

What is the recommended way to get rid of these wihite-background dialogs?