xboard-devel

[XBoard-devel] Chris is back!

From: h . g . muller
Subject: [XBoard-devel] Chris is back!
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 13:40:29 +0100

Remember the Contributors section of the texi file?

> Chris Sears and Dan Sears wrote the original XBoard.  They were
> responsible for versions 1.0 through 1.2.

Well, today Chris Sears surfaced with a posting on WB forum:

http://www.open-aurec.com/wbforum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=52170

Seems he is working on an OS X front-end for XBoard, which would allow it
to run as native Mac application, as well as on iPad / iPhone. This is
definitely a major development! I think we must try to incorporate his
efforts as quickly as possible in the source tree of the master branch, in
a directory OSX parallel to the winboard directory.