Re: [XForms] New release xforms-1.0.92

From: Peter S Galbraith
Subject: Re: [XForms] New release xforms-1.0.92
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2009 20:15:38 -0400

Jens Thoms Toerring <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Peter,
>
> On Tue, Oct 06, 2009 at 06:23:02PM -0400, Peter S Galbraith wrote:
> > I just uploaded it to Debian (I have been away for work).
>
> Thank you!
>
> > > Major changes include:
> > >
> > > * Documentation has been converted to texi format (which can be
> > >   easily converted to PDF, HTML or info format) and is now part
> > >   of the XForms sources.
> >
> > Fantastic news!  So I can replace the old docs with these in Debian?
>
> Yes, of course, that's what they're meant for;-)

Great. I'll first get the old packages removed.

>                                                  But they
> probably should better only be distributed with 1.0.92 since
> several things that were valid for versions up to 1.0.90 have
> been removed or changed to fit the newer versions.

Sure, they will be in the same release as the rest of XForms.

> BTW, several files in the download directory on Savannah have
> an owner and group of "Debian-exim" and "nogroup" that I can't
> change or delete. Is it possible that you have access permissions
> for them? It would be nice if it would be possible to change the
> README and README.documentation files a bit since they have be-
> come a bit outdated and thus might confuse new users.

Not me... Ask the savannah admin I guess.

>                                Best regards, Jens
>
> PS: You don't seem to be subscribed to the XForms mailing list
>     under the psg /AT/ debian.org email address anymore. Probably
>     it got lost in the relocation of the mailing list - I can't
>     find that email address in the list of subscribers Bob send
>     me while you seem to have send messages from there it in the
>       past, so I didn't create it when I moved everyone over to
>     the Savannah mailing list. There's just a subscription with
>     galbraithp /AT/ dfo-mpo.gc.ca which might also be yours.

Yeah, that one is me.  Outdated too, since that address should now be
peter.galbraith  at  dfo-mpo.gc.ca, and the old one will stop working at
some point.  I'll fix it.