Re: [XForms] New pre-release xforms-1.0.93pre1

From: Jens Thoms Toerring
Subject: Re: [XForms] New pre-release xforms-1.0.93pre1
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 11:32:06 +0100

Hi LukenShiro,

On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 09:44:08PM +0100, LukenShiro wrote:
> I've noticed that a function is not present in the library using
> "nm" (to find symbols' names in linux):
> "fl_select_octree_quantizer" (other correlative ones)
> I guess the problem may likely arise because of Makefile in image/
> directory doesn't mention "image_oquant.c", so it is not compiled and
> linked in libflimage.so

Thanks or pointing that out, I had just checked for declared
but never defined functions with a simple-minded Perl script
which didn't take into account that some of the files might
not be compiled in! Since none of the functions in the file
"image_oquant.c" are ever used (nor are they documented) I
think we simply should get rid of the declarations in the
header files. Does anyone have objections?

> fl_setpup_color should be renamed as fl_setpup_default_color in
> lib/include/xpopup.h, since we have
> #define fl_setpup_color fl_setpup_default_color

Right you are, fixed.

> There is a minor typo in "how_return" element's comment in FL_OBJECT_
> struct:
> conitions -> conditions

Thanks, also corrected!

Thank you very much for taking such a close look!

And just a word of warning to everybody: if you use the new
version please make sure that all files that use anything
from XForms get recompiled, i.e. make sure to delete all ob-
ject files (at least those were the sources include forms.h
etc.) when you recompile a larger project with the new version.

                               Best regards, Jens