Re: [Fwd: Re: address@hidden: Re: [XForms] fl_set_input_return(ob, FL_RE

From: Jens Thoms Toerring
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: address@hidden: Re: [XForms] fl_set_input_return(ob, FL_RETURN_ALWAYS));]]
Date: Sun, 16 May 2010 11:22:46 +0200

Hi Dr. Zhao,

   what a pleasant surprise to see that you're still reading
this mailing list!

On Sat, May 15, 2010 at 05:33:39PM -0700, address@hidden wrote:
> My 2c here is maybe adding a new flag is the best way to resolve
> this apparent unreconcilable difference in expectations.

Yes, that would definitely be a solution. The only drawback
I see at the moment is that either those that expect the old
behaviour have to change all places in their programs that
rely on it or those that already expect on the new behavior.
And finding all the places in a lengthy program being affec-
ted could be a major task...

So after a bit more of thinking about it I would propose
to add a new function that allows to switch between the
two types of behaviour at any given moment. With that
users that depend on the non-default behavour would only
have to add a single line to their program, e.g. directly
after fl_initialize(), to get what they prefer. That
should be rather simple to do. The only remaining ques-
tion then would be what we make the default behaviour;-)

                           Best regards, Jens