Re: [XForms] Windows

From: Jens Thoms Toerring
Subject: Re: [XForms] Windows
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 23:25:31 +0100

On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 10:00:41PM +0000, jon wrote:
> After some swearing I managed to build my xforms application on OSX with
> apples pretend gcc.

Any problems I could do something about? I guess their C compiler
is clang, which I've installed but never attempted to compile
XForms with it.

> I was wondering if anyone knows if I can build xforms and my application
> using gygwin ? I have never used it, is it likely to work ?
>
> http://www.cygwin.com/

No idea at all (I don't do Windows unless paid for the pain and
the few times that happend I had to mess with Visual Studio;-)
But the obvious question to me is: is all the required X stuff
(i.e. the Xlib and its headers and perhaps more) available and,
when you managed to compile and link it, is there an X server
running on the Windows machine like XMing or similar (without
which no program based on XForms will be able to run as far as
I can see)?

OSX should be simple in comparison since it's a Unix under
the hood, but Windows... If you manage to do that it would
be nice if you'd document what you did and this could become
part of the XForms documentation!

                           Best regards, Jens