Re: [XForms] Xforms focus?

From: Jens Thoms Toerring
Subject: Re: [XForms] Xforms focus?
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2018 10:01:23 +0200

Hi Jon,

On Tue, Jun 26, 2018 at 11:49:37PM +0100, jon wrote:
> I am writing a Linux CCTV application. Seems to work ok, but I can't
> figure out how to stop the xforms app from grabbing focus when the
> cursor goes over it ?
>
> See video.
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilA25ho_u-k&feature=youtu.be

It's not XForms "grabbing" the focus, it's the Window Manager
or Desktop giving it te focus as far as I know/ Usually you
set different modes in the Window Manager, one of them is
"Focus follows mouse" (or "Sloppy Focus", with an associated
delay, and that's what I guess must be set. There are more
settings like "Raise Window when Focussed" etc. None of this
is under the control of a program (using XForms or some other
GUI library) as these are user preferences the Window/Destop
Manager enforces. What you're looking for is probably the
"Click-to-focus" mode.
                           Best regards, Jens