Re: [XForms] Xforms focus?

From: jon
Subject: Re: [XForms] Xforms focus?
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2018 09:56:30 +0100

On Wed, 2018-06-27 at 09:01 +0100, Jens Thoms Toerring wrote:
> Hi Jon,
>
> On Tue, Jun 26, 2018 at 11:49:37PM +0100, jon wrote:
>
> > I am writing a Linux CCTV application. Seems to work ok, but I
> > can't
> > figure out how to stop the xforms app from grabbing focus when the
> > cursor goes over it ?
>
> > See video.
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilA25ho_u-k&feature=youtu.be
> It's not XForms "grabbing" the focus, it's the Window Manager
> or Desktop giving it te focus as far as I know/ Usually you
> set different modes in the Window Manager, one of them is
> "Focus follows mouse" (or "Sloppy Focus", with an associated
> delay, and that's what I guess must be set. There are more
> settings like "Raise Window when Focussed" etc. None of this
> is under the control of a program (using XForms or some other
> GUI library) as these are user preferences the Window/Destop
> Manager enforces. What you're looking for is probably the
> "Click-to-focus" mode.
>
>                            Best regards, Jens
That is kind of what I thought, but what I am getting stumps me.

The video shows xterm in blue, ps shows it as:
"2875 ?        S      0:01 xterm -bg darkblue -fg white -fa Monospace
-fs 12"

At the same time as my code, ps shows it as:
"4342 ?        S     79:12
/disks/projects/jcamsys/jcamsys_viewers/xforms/jcamsys_xviewer_tabbed/j
camsys_xviewer_tabbed_v0.15/jcamsysxviewert"

Xterm I need to click to raise, but "jcamsysviewert" raises if I pass
the mouse over it, both are using xlib I thought ?

If I add a third window which is a little app in wrote using Xlib then
"xterm" I need click to bring the window up, the little app I need to
click again, yet the xforms app still comes up the moment the mouse
enters the window ?

The desktop is Linux Mint XFCE, I've checked the window manager
settings, nothing jumps out at me.
Whatever is going on here seems to be specific to the xforms app or
something I am doing in the code, but I can't track it down.....

Thanks,
Jon