Re: GNU AUCTeX branch, master, updated. 34befcc17649fd6615fd4ef8756fb787

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: GNU AUCTeX branch, master, updated. 34befcc17649fd6615fd4ef8756fb78705f7fe55
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2022 15:19:02 +0100

Arash Esbati <arash@gnu.org> writes:

> For the non-compiled ones, the implementation with `list' is slower
> and suffers a little more from `LaTeX-math-list' with 10 elements.

I can confirm.

> For the compiled ones, the implementation with `list' is again slower
> but suffers less from `LaTeX-math-list' with 10 elements.  The picture
> looks completely different with 12 or more elements in
> `LaTeX-math-list'.

Hm, with the current emacs master, the append-version is still faster
for me with a 76-element LaTeX-math-list.  Now I've doubled the size
again to 152 elements and finally the list-version is faster.

> So the current implementation is good for users with lot of additions
> to `LaTeX-math-list', casual nil-users like me will loose :-)

Well, I guess the list-version is the safer bet considering all
supported emacs versions (the append/concat stuff has recently been
overhauled).

If we aim for best performance, we could of course use two dolists one
after the other.  But I guess we can all agree that it's fast enough
currently.

Bye,
Tassilo