Re: GNU AUCTeX branch, master, updated. 34befcc17649fd6615fd4ef8756fb787

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: GNU AUCTeX branch, master, updated. 34befcc17649fd6615fd4ef8756fb78705f7fe55
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2022 20:14:40 +0100

Arash Esbati <arash@gnu.org> writes:

>> Hm, with the current emacs master, the append-version is still faster
>> for me with a 76-element LaTeX-math-list.
>
> Which Emacs version are you on?  My emacs-repository-version is
> 1e15500daf.

435d5c84ed but your version is new enough.  The latest speed
improvements have been made in 697723b63d.

>> If we aim for best performance, we could of course use two dolists
>> one after the other.  But I guess we can all agree that it's fast
>> enough currently.
>
> Yes, I think we're fine, and if somebody complains, we know where to
> go :-)
>
> While we're at it: Do you know what we have to change in order to get
> diffs send to the mailing list

No, I've looked into the settings on savannah but couldn't find
anything.  I've also asked on #gnu on IRC but got no response so far.
After I did that, I've found this ticket

  https://savannah.nongnu.org/support/?func=detailitem&item_id=109688

where Stefan Monnier requested a change for the commit mails for Emacs.
So I guess if he can't do it himself, we probably cannot, too.

> with a subject line like the ones with Emacs itself, e.g.:
>
> master 435d5c84ed: * lisp/tab-bar.el: Create new unique windows with 'C-x t n'
> (bug#54038).
>
> I find the style above more accessible when forwarding that change to
> devel list like this case.

Yes, that's much better than ours.

I'll report back if someone on IRC responds in one or two days.  If not,
let's just open a ticket on savannah.

Bye,
Tassilo