Re: Missing compatibility for customized `TeX-command-list'

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: Missing compatibility for customized `TeX-command-list'
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2024 09:10:21 +0100

>>> "IK" == Ikumi Keita <ikumi@ikumi.que.jp> writes:

> Hi Uwe,

>> Thanks for the patch.
>> Do you want me to test it with my old pre merge configuration?

> I'd appreciate if you could.

Ok, I start with  a short comment. I am on Linux/Ubuntu and I run

patch < 0001-Cater-for-former-mode-name-in-customized-TeX-command.patch
obtaining
(Stripping trailing CRs from patch; use --binary to disable.)
patching file tex.el

So I undid the application of the patch and run

patch --binary < 0001-Cater-for-former-mode-name-in-customized-TeX-command.patch
patching file tex.el
Hunk #1 FAILED at 103 (different line endings).
Hunk #2 FAILED at 5207 (different line endings).
2 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file tex.el.rej

Which is worse.
Since

file 0001-Cater-for-former-mode-name-in-customized-TeX-command.patch
gave me

0001-Cater-for-former-mode-name-in-customized-TeX-command.patch: unified
diff output, ASCII text, with CRLF line terminators

So I simply converted your patch to Unix line end convention and applied
the patch.

So after deleting the old installation, running make clean, make, make install
and restarting emacs, with the old TeX-command-list setting

Your patch *works*!

Thanks. I can't spot huge performance differences,
but maybe after some days I will update the TeX-command-list to the
modern one.

BTW

%%% Local Variables:
%%% mode: latex
%%% show-trailing-whitespace: t
%%% End:

Now seems *not* to cause problems.

That is another important annoyance, since I have these lines in many
but not all of my files.

Can somebody please confirm that it is ok to leave these lines in, or do
I need to change it to

%%% Local Variables:
%%% mode: LaTeX
%%% show-trailing-whitespace: t
%%% End:

Uwe Brauer
--
I strongly condemn Hamas heinous despicable pogroms/atrocities on Israel
I strongly condemn Putin's war of aggression against Ukraine.