Re: Missing compatibility for customized `TeX-command-list'

From: Ikumi Keita
Subject: Re: Missing compatibility for customized `TeX-command-list'
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2024 17:28:19 +0900

Hi Uwe,

> So after deleting the old installation, running make clean, make, make
> install and restarting emacs, with the old TeX-command-list setting

> Your patch *works*!

> Thanks. I can't spot huge performance differences,
> but maybe after some days I will update the TeX-command-list to the
> modern one.

Thank you for the feedback. I apologize that I looked over an important
factor and caused you trouble.

> BTW

> %%% Local Variables:
> %%% mode: latex
> %%% show-trailing-whitespace: t
> %%% End:

> Now seems *not* to cause problems.

> That is another important annoyance, since I have these lines in many
> but not all of my files.

> Can somebody please confirm that it is ok to leave these lines in,

Don't worry, it's OK. Even with "mode: latex" tag, emacs calls
`LaTeX-mode' instead if AUCTeX is enabled, according to
`major-mode-remap-alist'.

> Ok, I start with  a short comment. I am on Linux/Ubuntu and I run
> patch < 0001-Cater-for-former-mode-name-in-customized-TeX-command.patch
> obtaining
> (Stripping trailing CRs from patch; use --binary to disable.)
> patching file tex.el

[...]

> Since
> file 0001-Cater-for-former-mode-name-in-customized-TeX-command.patch
> gave me

> 0001-Cater-for-former-mode-name-in-customized-TeX-command.patch: unified
> diff output, ASCII text, with CRLF line terminators

> So I simply converted your patch to Unix line end convention and applied
> the patch.

Hmm, the same command
file 0001-Cater-for-former-mode-name-in-customized-TeX-command.patch
gives me
0001-Cater-for-former-mode-name-in-customized-TeX-command.patch: unified diff
output, ASCII text

I suppose that MTA or MUA mungled the EOL format.

Regards,
Ikumi Keita
#StandWithUkraine #StopWarInUkraine
#Gaza #StopMassiveKilling #CeasefireNOW