Re: Supporting LatexMK in AUCTeX OOTB

From: Basil L. Contovounesios
Subject: Re: Supporting LatexMK in AUCTeX OOTB
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2024 05:21:24 +0100

Hi Arash,

Thanks for your kind message.

Arash Esbati [2024-03-28 13:09 +0100] wrote:

> I was looking through our old bugs and I saw bug#48144[1] which was
> about LatexMK and the issue is resolved.  Looking at auctex-latexmk
> package[2], it seems dormant.

Indeed, with the exception of important bugs which can be fixed at
https://github.com/emacsmirror/auctex-latexmk (this is the fork/mirror
that MELPA serves).

> Acc. to this message[3], the fix in
> #48144 was helpful and adding LatexMK support to AUCTeX isn't hard.  I
> don't use LatexMK and don't have any idea how it works, but adding two
> entries to `TeX-expand-list' and `TeX-command-list' should be doable.

For seamless integration it may also be nice to make the relevant
additions to LaTeX-clean-intermediate-suffixes or similar.

> What do others think?  Is there a market for this addition?

Personally I think it would be neat to have this built-in, but I'm not a
market.

> @Basil: Do you still use LatexMK?

Yes!

> Can you imagine helping us with this addition?

I'd be more than happy to, but I'm not sure I'll be able to find the
time in the next couple of weeks, so if anyone else is motivated to work
on it in the meantime, feel free.

--
Basil