Re: After Tassilos merge: main or master

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: After Tassilos merge: main or master
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2024 09:32:53 +0200

Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

> I most likely did not get the point. I just saw the mail concerning
> Tassilos «mega» commit, which created a new branch called main.

It's just 2 small changes to GNUMakefile.  However, it's based on the
externals/auctex branch of elpa which we didn't have in our repository
before.  So quite some bit history has been imported.

> So where will the main development take place either on
>
>     1. The new main branch?
>
>     2. Or the old master branch?

Right now, it's still on master.  It might change to main at some point.
But then you can expect some announcement mail.

Bye,
Tassilo