Re: [AUCTeX] auctex 11.82 and carbon xemacs

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] auctex 11.82 and carbon xemacs
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 14:23:16 +0100

Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:

> Please keep the mailing list copied.
>
> * Thomas A. Schmitz (2006-03-15) writes:

>>> Unreproducible when calling
>>>
>>> with
>>>
>>> XEmacs 21.5  (beta25) "eggplant" (+CVS-20060314) [Lucid]
>>> (i686-pc-linux, Mule) of Wed Mar 15 2006 on neutrino
>>
>> Of course, a linux-x86 installation does not use the carbon
>> framework
>
> So you likely learned two things: First, I don't own a Mac and
> second, an easy remedy for your problem is not to use the Carbon
> framework.

I don't know if we have any Carbon expertise on this mailing list
right now.  We would need to find somebody willing to take the
debugger through the motion on this, whether on this mailing list or
the XEmacs developer list.

It will probably not easy to do the latter, unless Uwe manages to
check in 11.82 into sumo at some point of time.  Once that happens, I
guess XEmacs developers would be a bit more responsive than usually,
as they would then have easy access to test cases.