Re: [AUCTeX] auctex 11.82 and carbon xemacs

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] auctex 11.82 and carbon xemacs
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 11:33:58 +0100

* Thomas A. Schmitz (2006-03-16) writes:

> On Mar 16, 2006, at 10:54 AM, Ralf Angeli wrote:
>
>> Can you find out why
>>
>> (font-create-object "Andale Mono:13:b"
>>                  (derive-domain-from-locale 'global 'window-system nil))
>>
>> returns nil in the Carbon port?  (If it does.)  My guess is that there
>> is no appropriate backend function accessible via
>> `font-window-system-mappings'.
>>
>> If you cannot do this yourself, you might want to send a bug report to
>> xemacs-beta with `M-x report-xemacs-bug RET'.  Or Andrew Choi.
>>

> Sorry, I have no clue how to do that.

First, copy the Lisp form to your *scratch* buffer and type `C-j' with
point right after the last parenthesis.  If the form returns nil, type
`M-x report-xemacs-bug RET', type in a subject for the bug report and
type <RET>.  Then add some text explaining your situation (what you
did, what happened, and what you expected to happen) together with the
backtrace you got.  In addition add the above Lisp form as a
self-contained test case.  When you are done editing, send the report
away by typing `C-c C-c' assuming your XEmacs is set up correctly for
sending mail.  If it is not, you can also copy and paste the report to
your preferred mail program, insert the respective mail address and
subject and send it with that program.