Re: [AUCTeX] completion and indenting in the manual

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] completion and indenting in the manual
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 23:12:55 +0100

* juan mari alberdi (2007-01-24) writes:

> About indentation,
>
> ------
> 5.4 Indenting
>
> ... (third paragraph)
> You can explicitely indent single lines, usually by pressing <TAB>,
> or marked regions by calling `indent-region' on it.
> ------
>
> <TAB> doesn't work in AUCTeX or perhaps the tab shift in AUCTeX is set to
> 0 somewhere.

I'm quite sure it works.  You just seem to have problems understanding
what syntactical indentation is about.

> Something like `C-u 8 C-M-\' does work,

But that's not _syntactical_ indentation.  If you don't understand the
section about indentation in the AUCTeX manual, perhaps the one in the
Emacs manual will be more enlightening for you:
(info "(emacs)Indentation") <-- Type `C-x C-e' here.