Re: [AUCTeX] code to include alternate name for a graphic when exported

From: Graham Smith
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] code to include alternate name for a graphic when exported to HTML
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2008 14:05:13 +0000

David,

You are right I am very confused :-(

But maybe not as confused as you think.

I know that Aquamacs/Auctex cannot produce HTML.

However, I did think that given the bundling of Auctex with Aquamacs and thus promoting it as a Latex editing tool, that there might have been a feature to call an appropriate program to do the conversion, and that this program might have been included in the 34+ additional packages bundled with Aquamacs. But this isn't  complaint, just explaining why I asked the question.

I see your suggestions but maybe you aren't fully following what I mean by accesibility and 'alt' text, which I have now explained in another post.

Thanks for your help.

Graham

On 01/03/2008, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
"Graham Smith" <address@hidden> writes:

> I have only just started with Aquamacs/Auctex/Beamer and it would have
> been useful to have created "accessibility" ready HTML direct from the
> Latex code, evern if this involved using something like Latex2HTML,
> but it would have been even nicer if the HTML could created directl
> from Aquamacs/AUCTEX, but that is a question I have raised elsewhere.

I think you are still confused about the role of AUCTeX with regard to
producing HTML.

There is one functionality which could possibly employed for that sort
of thing: preview-latex.  Try the MIME cut&paste utility for generating
something akin to "accessible" Emails with embedded graphics.  The "alt"
text mechanism used here (if you want to call it that) is hard-wired.

But it does not produce HTML.  It is just possibly a nice starting point
for producing material in a different manner.

dvipng has a bit of documentation about how to produce HTML from
formalas and stuff, I think.