Re: [AUCTeX] Automatically run LaTeX/BibTeX as required

From: Andreas Kiermeier
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Automatically run LaTeX/BibTeX as required
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2010 19:59:23 +0930

On 4 August 2010 18:30, Jaap Eldering <address@hidden> wrote:
Given that AucTeX already reports that you might want to run BibTeX or
LaTeX again to fix references/citations/etc, would it be possible to
create a separate command that tries to do all this automatically?

Hi Jaap,

I think you're looking for "texify" which will do the required runs of LaTeX and BibTeX to get references and cross-references right.

I've included the following in my .emacs file, which makes the texify command available. You can then press C-c C-c in your latex file and select either Texify (to get a dvi file) or TexifyPDF (to get a pdf file).

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Andreas

(add-hook 'LaTeX-mode-hook
      (lambda ()
        (add-to-list 'TeX-command-list
             '("Texify" "texify -b %t" TeX-run-command t (latex-mode) :help "Texify document to dvi (resolves all cross-references, etc.)") t)
        (add-to-list 'TeX-command-list
             '("TexifyPDF" "texify -b -p %t" TeX-run-command t (latex-mode) :help "Texify document to pdf (resolves all cross-references, etc.)") t)
        ))