[AUCTeX] reftex in the Gnu emacs distribution

From: Tyler William Smith
Subject: [AUCTeX] reftex in the Gnu emacs distribution
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 19:42:00 +0000

Hi,

I was puzzled by a reftex buglet I stumbled on today that had been fixed five
years or more ago. Then I noticed that the reftex bundled in the Gnu Emacs
distribution is at least that far out of date. Are there any plans to update
the version that ships from Gnu?

I found a thread on emacs-dev discussing the various conflicts between Gnu
Emacs CVS and reftex CVS, but I think the 'resolution' was that at least
occasionally a new reftex would be rolled into Gnu Emacs - is that the case? If
not, maybe reftex should be pulled from Gnu Emacs, so that users aren't
surprised when 2012 Emacs ships with 2006 Reftex.

Thanks!

Tyler