Re: [AUCTeX] preview-latex with \citet, \citep?

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] preview-latex with \citet, \citep?
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2011 19:58:40 +0200

* spinner (2011-07-25) writes:

> I can generate previews of citations with \cite. But I cannot get any
> previews with Natbib's \citet, \citep, \citeauthor, etc. commands.
> Is there a way to get previews with Natbib's citation commands?

In my case it sort of works with the following example:

\begin{filecontents}{test.bib}
@Book{jones:99,
  author       = {Jones, Steve},
  title        = {My Life So Far},
  publisher    = {ACME, Inc.},
  year         = 1999
}
\end{filecontents}
\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{natbib}
\usepackage[auctex]{preview}
\PreviewMacro[[[!]{\cite}
\PreviewMacro[[[!]{\citet}
\begin{document}
\bibliographystyle{plainnat}
text\cite[foo][bar]{jones:99}

text\citet[foo][bar]{jones:99}
\bibliography{test}
\end{document}

Previews are shown for both, \cite and \citet, but before that
preview-latex throws the following error:

error in process sentinel: preview-reraise-error: End of Preview snippet 2
unexpected
error in process sentinel: End of Preview snippet 2 unexpected

As far as I can see the problem is that the fake error messages
generated by preview.sty appear twice in the output.  That means there
is twice the string

! Preview: Snippet 1 started.

and also twice the string

! Preview: Snippet 1 ended.(491520+163840x6094862).

with the respective context.  Unfortunately I don't have the time at the
moment to debug this.