Re: [AUCTeX] new release?

From: Norbert Preining
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] new release?
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2014 21:27:49 +0900

Hi Mosè,

> How should the absence of texi2html addressed?  I use Debian but I
> didn't look into this so far.

Well, there is texi2html, but it is a special package.
texinfo since version 5.0, that is since quite some time,
ships a decent makeinfo that can convert most things.

If you can test for makeinfo or texinfo >= 5.0, then
instead of running texi2html, run makeinfo --html.

I have actually taken a look into your git repository, and made
the attached patch for testing purposes. But it does not do
checking of version of makeinfo ...

> Well, we only need someone authorized to upload files to the FTP
> server :-)  Ralf can do that, but we don't hear from him in the last

If you have problems, maybe Karl Berry can help. Or maybe I can
ask Karl that he provides me access ;-)

All the best

Norbert

GPG: 0x860CDC13   fp: F7D8 A928 26E3 16A1 9FA0  ACF0 6CAC A448 860C DC13