Re: [AUCTeX] LaTeX-fill-break-at-separators (11.88.9)

From: jfbu
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] LaTeX-fill-break-at-separators (11.88.9)
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 17:09:08 +0100

Le 30 nov. 2015 à 16:55, Mosè Giordano <address@hidden> a écrit :

>>    State : CHANGED outside Customize.
>
> Usually you have this state for a variable set(q) manually in the init
> file.  Is this your case?

no, I don't.

actually there is (forgetting my earlier big confusion) nevertheless
something strange.

I use the customize buffer. I click on State to add a comment,
then Apply and Save. I quit Emacs.

On relaunch I check the custom.el and it contains

 '(LaTeX-fill-break-at-separators nil nil nil "Mis sur off le 30/11/2015.")

Then i open a TeX file and check the value of this variable

LaTeX-fill-break-at-separators is a variable defined in `latex.el'.
Its value is nil
Original value was (\\\( \\\[)

ok,

then I go to Customize buffer and I see

Hide Latex Fill Break At Separators:
[ ] Opening Brace
[ ] Closing Brace
[ ] Opening Bracket
[ ] Opening Inline Math Switches
[ ] Closing Inline Math Switches
[ ] Opening Display Math Switch
[ ] Closing Display Math Switch
    State : CHANGED outside Customize.

which does not look right.

UPDATE: this is related to my comment above. Doing all the
steps, but without adding a comment I end up with

Latex Fill Break At Separators:
[ ] Opening Brace
[ ] Closing Brace
[ ] Opening Bracket
[ ] Opening Inline Math Switches
[ ] Closing Inline Math Switches
[ ] Opening Display Math Switch
[ ] Closing Display Math Switch
    State : SAVED and set.

Is this an Emacs bug, and is there some financial reward ;-) ?

Jean-François