Re: Convert the svg files to pdf/eps for a project automatically.

From: Hongyi Zhao
Subject: Re: Convert the svg files to pdf/eps for a project automatically.
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2021 08:13:55 +0800

On Mon, Jul 19, 2021 at 2:11 AM Arash Esbati <arash@gnu.org> wrote:

> Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.zhao@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Currently, the latexmk can't automatically convert graphics formats
> > for files located under the subfolders of a project due to the
> > graphics package limitation of not logging the path info into the log
> > file.
> >
> > So, I want to write a function to convert the graphic formats, say,
> > from svg to pdf/eps for files automatically, if necessary. Especially
> > when they are located under a project's subfolders.
>
> I'm not sure if AUCTeX needs this feature.  There is a LaTeX package
> called svg[1] which exactly does this job.  I think we need a style to
> support this package.

Thank you for letting me know of this already long existent,
interesting project.

> Do you want to give a try and write svg.el and add it to AUCTeX?

According to its document on
<https://mirrors.concertpass.com/tex-archive/graphics/svg/doc/svg.pdf>,
this package includes two sub-packages:  svg and svg-extract. If I
understand correctly, the question discussed here only relevant to the
svg-extract package.

> Best, Arash
>
> Footnotes:
> [1]  https://ctan.org/pkg/svg

Best
Theory and Simulation of Materials
No. 473, Quannan West Street, Xindu District, Xingtai, Hebei province