Re: Multiple TeX-masters

From: Mandar Mitra
Subject: Re: Multiple TeX-masters
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2021 12:44:53 +0530

Kourosh Kalayeh wrote (Mon, Jul 19, 2021 at 10:42:57PM -0400):
> Also, does changing TeX-master in my “personal_macros.sty” only affect my
> ability to compile my master file in “personal_macros.sty”.  What I mean is
> that if TeX-master in “personal_macros.sty” is set to “specific_aims.tex” and
> I use the same “personal_macros.sty” for “background_and_goals.tex” the only
> thing that I will be missing is the ability to compile
> “background_and_goals.tex” from “personal_macros.sty”, is that right?
> Basically, my main concern is to makes sure that AUCTeX knows all the
> packages that I have imported in personal macros whether I am in
> “specific_aims.tex” or “background_and_goals.tex”.

Yes, I have a similar ~/latex/macros.tex for which auctex has generated
.../auto/macros.el, and things work fine. I also have the following comments at
the beginning and end of my macros.tex (suggested a long time ago by some kind
soul on this list, I'm sure):

% Following workaround required in order to get auctex to parse this file
% and update auto/macros.el properly.
\iffalse
\documentclass{article}
\begin{document}
\fi

... actual \usepackage, \newcommand, \def etc. go here ...

\iffalse
\end{document}
\fi

I don't know if this "workaround" is still necessary though.

-mandar