LaTeX doesn't find the source file

From: Ikumi Keita
Subject: LaTeX doesn't find the source file
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2022 18:14:03 +0900

Hi Oscar,

> Dear Ikumi -- thank you so much for the quick reply.
> This is precisely how I got the error -- by typesetting using C-c C-c.

Hmm. Very strange.

1. What is the value of `default-directory' in the source file buffer?
   (In that buffer, type C-h v default-directory RET to see its value.)
2. Does that result point to the directory (folder) where the source
   file is?
3. Is that error peculiar to the file "ParallelIFGF.tex", or common for
   other files?
4. Make a folder which contains pure ASCII characters in its path, say,
   C:\tmp .  Then place some LaTeX source file there and open it with
   AUCTeX.  Does the same error persist for that file, too?

Regards,
Ikumi Keita
#StandWithUkraine #StopRussianAggression