Re: Problem after upgrading to 13.1.3

From: Ikumi Keita
Subject: Re: Problem after upgrading to 13.1.3
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2022 16:23:56 +0900

Hi Greg,

I don't use use-package, so I just state some observations which seem
relevant.

> When I try to change the mode of the file by M-x LaTeX-mode, I get an error:

>    Cannot open load file: No such file or directory, tex-buf

That strongly suggests that there remains older version of AUCTeX. In
recent commit, tex-buf.el was merged into tex.el. I guess that older one
is conflicting with newer one.

> M-x describe-mode tells me:

>    Fundamental mode defined in `tex-mode.el':

That's very strange. tex-mode.el actually has no definition for
Fundamental mode.

Perhaps deleting AUCTeX once and installing again might help.

Regards,
Ikumi Keita
#StandWithUkraine #StopWarInUkraine