show-paren & eldoc

From: Eric M. Ludlam
Subject: show-paren & eldoc
Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 22:20:45 -0400

I recently (the last month or so) noticed that eldoc (one of my favorites)
wasn't working quite right.  I finally had time to track it down
through my rather large .emacs file, and found it conflicts with
paren.el (show-paren-mode).

emacs -q

C-x C-f <some lisp file> RET
M-x eldoc-mode RET
<do something to show it works>
M-x show-paren-mode RET
<do something that shows that eldoc doesn't work.>

I checked the CVS log on both, and neither has changed since 2000, so
I suspect something else.  My emacs binary was built from CVS on April
24th.

Thanks
Eric

--