Re: make bootstrap fails.

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: make bootstrap fails.
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2004 14:52:06 -0600 (CST)

Kim Storm wrote:

   Kai Grossjohann <address@hidden> writes:

   > "Steven T. Hatton" <address@hidden> writes:
   >
   > > (cd src;      make  mostlyclean)
   > > /bin/sh: line 1: cd: src: No such file or directory
   >
   > cd fails.  So maybe it's $CDPATH or something like this?

   Maybe using cd ./src is safer ?

Except that src is not the only problem.  There are plenty of relative
names used all over Makefile.in.  I am not an expert in Makefiles, but
would the logical thing not be to execute stuff in a subshell, and
either set CDPATH to the appropriate value or unset it?  Makefile.in
already seems to do the latter at several places, but maybe there are
some inadvertent omissions.

Sincerely,

Luc.