Re: address@hidden: emacs customization suggestion: 'customize-existing'

From: Per Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: address@hidden: emacs customization suggestion: 'customize-existing']
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 16:25:08 +0100

I think we should keep customize-customized.  You can think of it as a
save alternative to the "Options -> Save options" menu item.  It
allows the user to examine the changes he has made before saving them.

Using combined command for that would make it likely that the changed
but unsaved options would be hard to find among the old
customization.  I personally have 83 saved customizations, find a few
new ones among them would be work.

I have no problem dropping the "only saved" command, the number of
options you set in a single session is likely to be moderate, and thus
won't drown out the old ones.