Re: saveplace.el broken in CVS Emacs?

From: Karl Fogel
Subject: Re: saveplace.el broken in CVS Emacs?
Date: 07 Jun 2004 13:10:27 -0500

Kai Grossjohann <address@hidden> writes:
> There was a time when print (and related functions) started to elide
> parts of lists.  To see this, eval load-path in *scratch*.
>
> But save-place doesn't appear to use print.

Aha, that must be it.  Thank you.  (It does use 'print', actually, in
'save-place-alist-to-file').

I'll fix it with this:

   (let ((print-length nil)
         (print-level nil))
     (print ... ))

...so that the code will be safe even if save-place-alist's structure
someday changes to become more nesty (which I doubt, but why take a
chance?).

-Karl