Re: Aquamacs distro for OS X like behavior

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Aquamacs distro for OS X like behavior
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2005 00:22:35 -0400

    Emacs already tends to blend quite better with its environment than
    XEmacs does (which looks like, well, XEmacs everywhere), and this is
    not a mistake, in my opinion.

To the extent that we can make Emacs fit the general GUI environment
without altering the core features of Emacs, it is a usually good
thing to do so.  I would be against altering keyboard keys, except
in very narrow was such as swapping DEL and BS.  And changing the main
mouse commands such as Mouse-1 between systems seems like a bad idea too.