Re: emacs -Q not documented

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: emacs -Q not documented
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 11:47:45 +0200

address@hidden (Kim F. Storm) writes:

> Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Well, -Q has definitely its merits, especially for reporting bugs.
>> After seeing this discussion I still think that my `--bare' proposal
>> is not that bad: The -Q options really strips off all features you
>> would normally like to have for daily work.
>
> Yes, --bare-bones or --no-frills seem like good candidates, too.

--bare-bones seems ok.  But things like menus are not "frills", and we
don't want to spread that impression.  I don't want to get bug reports
from people that did not bother using the help menu or tutorial
announced on the splash screen because they decided from the manual
page that they were not the type of person interested in frills.