Re: buffer-offer-save, gnus and mh-e

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: buffer-offer-save, gnus and mh-e
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 17:06:47 -0400

    I do not know the various mail modes sufficiently to reliable take
    care of this and the backward and XEmacs compatibility issues
    complicate things and could make the involved code needlessly ugly.

If we want to change this variable, we can change it.  We can make
some provisions for compatibility where that is useful, but
compatibility should not hold us back.

However, the issue of the various ways to get into message-mode
might be a real obstacle.