Re: lisp/progmodes/idlw-help.el copyright

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: lisp/progmodes/idlw-help.el copyright
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 17:19:41 -0500

JD Smith wrote:

>>     Assigns past and future changes.(vc.el, vc-cvs.el)
[...]
> Carsten originally submitted IDLWAVE and assigned its copyright, I
> took over maintenance later (and added idlw-help), years after I had
> submitted some modest improvements to VC.  Probably my "past and
> future changes" statement should indicate IDLWAVE as well.

My problem is, I don't understand what the '(vc.el, vc-cvs.el)' means
above. If that comment were not there, I would have no confusion.
Possibly it is just informational, but it sort of makes it look (to
me) as if your assignment were just for vc. As I said, I probably
misunderstand, so unless RMS says there is a problem, don't worry.