Re: Toolbar redraw causes unwanted selection

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: Toolbar redraw causes unwanted selection
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 23:43:32 +0100

> How long has the auto-resze code been in place?

1998-10-19  Gerd Moellmann  <address@hidden>

        * xdisp.c (toolbar_lines_needed): New.
        (auto-resize-toolbars): New.

>                                                  Also, for how long
> have the modes which currently need a bigger toolbar needed that?

Don't know, but IIRC someone spoke about IDLWAVE, and was in 21.1

1999-12-20  Carsten Dominik  <address@hidden>

        * progmodes/idlwave.el: New file.

        * progmodes/idlwave-rinfo.el: New file.

        * progmodes/idlwave-shell.el: New file.

        * progmodes/idlwave-toolbar.el: New file.

The "only" changes I have made are to actually make the resizing work
-- so that it don't draw more toolbar lines than needed, doesn't omits
some icons, doesn't forget to redraw the toolbar when needed, and to
evenly distribute the icons on the toolbar lines to get rid of the "filler
line" between the toolbar and the top-most text window.