Re: Switching to bzr: what Emacs developers should know?

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: Switching to bzr: what Emacs developers should know?
Date: Sun, 09 Aug 2009 06:41:12 +0800

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

>>> Will the switch to bzr affect the way upstream packages like Gnus
>>> or Org are integrated in Emacs development?
>
> Of course.  Gnus is the special one because it currently benefits from
> a very nice setup.  For Org, I don't think it can get much worse.

That doesn't really tell how maintainance of Org will be affected by
switching to bzr.

Also, http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/BzrForEmacsDevs says:

  (Note: it’s not clear whether we’re going to continue the habit of
  keeping a separate ChangeLog file, now that we have a version control
  system that supports atomic multi-target commits. We should figure
  that out at some point.)

What's Emacs maintainers take on this?

FWIW, I think we shouldn't get rid of the ChangeLog because it doesn't
depend on the dVCS log format.

--
 Bastien