Re: bzr for Gnus

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: bzr for Gnus
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 10:09:47 -0500

On Wed, 12 Aug 2009 06:50:36 -0700 Mike Kupfer <address@hidden> wrote:

ST> An alternative to a kludgy nest of "xmas" in Gnus in Emacs would be
ST> to maintain the XEmacs compatibility code only in XEmacs package
ST> CVS, and not have it in Gnus "upstream" at all.

MK> Hmm, I'll have to think about this.  I'm reluctant to put the
MK> XEmacs-specific code off in a separate place.  I suspect it would make
MK> it too easy for someone to change the common code and forget to make any
MK> corresponding changes in the XEmacs-specific code.  Using nested repos
MK> might make that less of a concern, depending on the specifics of the
MK> tool and how the workflow is set up.

According to http://bazaar-vcs.org/BzrForeignBranches/Subversion
it may have to wait for the 'by-reference' work to be complete.
Meanwhile we can certainly set up something manual or automatic (a
MilesBot, if you will) to synchronize the Gnus CVS repo with the Emacs
bzr repo.  As Stephen said, this may be months to 1+ years away.

Ted