Re: Selection changes

From: Angelo Graziosi
Subject: Re: Selection changes
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 14:14:23 +0200

On Cygwin, I can confirm all is desribed here [*]. Another recipe, for Cygwin, is:

emacs -Q &

double click (mouse-1) on a word, for example 'buffer'. With the down arrow go to the bottom of the buffer and then C-y: it takes about 4-5 second, and the mouse cursor switches to its "please wait" (clock).

On *Kubuntu 10.04* the things are a little different but wrong in any case. Following the step described here[*], at point 4) it pastes casual text, usually what is found in the clipboard. For example, adding the step 0):

0) with your browser, copy a link address with mouse-3 | 'Copy link address' menu item.

At step 4), it pastes the link, not the scartch buffer comment!

As described here [*], all seems to work as expected, if one adds

(setq x-select-clipboard-enable nil)

to .emacs file.

Ciao,
Angelo.