Re: [Emacs-diffs] xwidget 9fe732a 2/2: Better changelog for xwidgets

From: David Engster
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] xwidget 9fe732a 2/2: Better changelog for xwidgets
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2015 17:04:19 +0100

'joakim' writes:
> Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:
>
>>> Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2015 08:11:24 +0200
>>> From: Dmitry Gutov <address@hidden>
>>>
>>> Given the above, maybe you should revert the merge. Then squash all
>>> commits in xwidget into one patch, amend it with proper ChangeLog
>>> entries, and then do the merge.
>>
>> Is it just me, or is someone else bothered by the fact that all the
>> first parents now follow Joakim's commits on his feature branch?
>>
>> Joakim, did you per chance push to master from your branch?
>
> The thing I thought I did was merging from the feature branch to master,
> and then push master.

To me, it looks like you merged master into your feature branch, and
then pushed it as master. That does not mean that you actually did this,
though. My best guess is that you did not merge to master using
'--no-ff', which resulted in a fast-forward merge without an explicit
merge commit. That's one of those Git "features", you know...

> How do I dig myself out of this hole now then?

You don't. What's pushed is pushed. :-)

-David