Re: Contributing LLVM.org patches to gud.el

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Contributing LLVM.org patches to gud.el
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2015 18:12:39 -0500

  > I don't see that at the current point of time, _anybody_ could claim to
  > speak for the GNU Project but yourself

There are a few specific issues where I have to make a decision, but
that's the exception.  In general our philosophy is clear and
explicitly stated, and it's easy to say where we stand.

Getting back to the point, David reported that someone on a GCC
discussion list sent him a dismissive and unhelpful message.  That
message was mistaken.  He does not need to be a GCC developer
to get features from GCC.

Developers of other GNU packages can ask the GCC maintainers (which is
not the same as asking the discussion list) to help in a joint
project, and I can urge the GCC maintainers to cooperate.

This is what it means for GNU to be a coherent project, not just many
separate projects.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation