Re: antlr-mode.el - need some support by python.el

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: antlr-mode.el - need some support by python.el
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2015 05:15:42 +0200

On 02/13/2015 09:40 PM, Stefan Monnier wrote:

> Indeed, in your case, there's no such "previous chunk" in the current buffer.
I was thinking of other multi-mode cases such as literate programming or
HTML+Javascript.

In all cases of multi-mode conbinations in web programming that I'm aware of, the inner chunk doesn't really have to know about the previous occurrence of the chunk of the same type.

Even template chunks like <%>}<%> only need to return calculate offset based on the contents (curly means -1), and add it to outer mode's indentation.

And JavaScript chunks inside <script> tags are the simplest case: they only care about the indentation of the <script> tag surrounding them.