RE: antlr-mode.el - need some support by python.el

From: Wedler, Christoph
Subject: RE: antlr-mode.el - need some support by python.el
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2015 11:16:43 +0000

>>> Not necessarily: you also can adjust the indentation after the submode
>>> applies it.

>> I do exactly that, but it does not work for python due to its cycling
>> functionality.  (It is also not ideal buffer-undo-list -wise.)

> I don't know about cycling. Sounds like something that could be handled
> in a different way.

As you guessed below: it is what the user expects (indentation in
Haskell also works that way).

> buffer-undo-list should be fine: several changes performed by one
> command invocation will be treated as one by undo.

And if the resulting changes is a non-change (insertion, then deletion)?
Or if it should have been a non-change, but the several changes result
in TAB/space differences?

> Looking at `python-indent-line-function', it seems like it's going to
> cycle only under certain conditions (this-command is the same as
> last-command, and it's in the special list). From what I understand, it
> might even be what the user expects. If not, why not bind `this-command'
> to some odd value?

...or temporary binding that special list to some other value = this is
what I do.

   Christoph