Re: Some hard numbers on licenses used by elisp packages

From: Ivan Andrus
Subject: Re: Some hard numbers on licenses used by elisp packages
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2017 16:49:18 -0600

On Jul 29, 2017, at 1:09 PM, Richard Stallman <address@hidden> wrote:

Richard Stallman writes:
Where was that package originally posted?

I'm not sure what package you mean. Are you referring to the package that was
forked or the package created for fun?

I meant the earlier version, which was later forked.

Which is to say, as a file uploaded to the GAP website (for which it is a major-mode).
That page contains a pointer to a patch adding font-lock support, as well as to my version.

In the case of the forked package does that really matter where that source
came from if it is not licensed according to the book?

It doesn't matter legally, but I'm hoping to better understand the
chain of events.  This will help for that.

I forked it in 2010, so I don't remember many of the details, but I know that I did search for the author and couldn't find him.

-Ivan