Re: Should diff.elisp.xfuncname match cl-lib macros?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Should diff.elisp.xfuncname match cl-lib macros?
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2019 14:14:17 -0400

>> AFAIK xfuncname is mostly used to add the "containing function name"
>> on the header of each diff hunk.
> That's a million times less important to me than "git log -L".

Indeed, it's not an important feature at all.  It's just a nice "frill".

Given the inevitable unreliability of the info it gets, I'm surprised it
grew to take a more significant role in -L.  I guess it's still
worthwhile in the sense that it's good when it works and when it doesn't
you're no worse off than if you didn't have that feature.

        Stefan