Re: master e7c1fa9: * doc/lispref/display.texi (SVG Images): Add menu fo

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: master e7c1fa9: * doc/lispref/display.texi (SVG Images): Add menu for subsection.
Date: Sat, 03 Aug 2019 17:01:12 -0400

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> Are you sure you needed this change for Makeinfo 4.x?  I deliberately
> made the section a @node-less @subsubheading, so that a menu won't be
> needed (and also for other reasons).  I just tried building the ELisp
> manual with makeinfo 4.13, after removing that menu, and didn't see
> any problems or error messages.

No, it was needed between d6bc55ae2d and 0a2461be9e, and
5f78e81af0 and 3134137bdd, but not after.

BTW, I wonder if keeping makeinfo-4 compatibility is worth it.
I appreciate the significant speed-up of the older version,
but it feels like compilation of doc/ not-infrequently breaks due to
changes that are acceptable to perl-based makeinfo but not to the C
version.