Re: Emacs project mission (was Re: "If you're still seeing problems, pl

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Emacs project mission (was Re: "If you're still seeing problems, please reopen." [
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2019 16:14:10 +0200

> From: Richard Stallman <address@hidden>
> Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2019 22:06:46 -0500
> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden,
>  address@hidden
>
> Sure, all else being equal we would prefer to offer more
> convenient interfaces.  But is that such an imperative
> that we would want to pay a price for it?  I am skeptical.

I think the idea is that most people nowadays have some kind of
account already -- either in gmail, or in facebook, or in one of the
other services that GitLab is capable of using instead of a GitLab
specific registration.  So for those people who have one of these
accounts, registration is not an issue, and there's no real price to
pay.

Importing past bugs is another matter: here we would like it to be
possible to have the person who originally reported an issue to be
included in the email notifications if someone posts comments to the
bug report.