Re: Emacs's set-frame-size can not work well with gnome-shell?

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Emacs's set-frame-size can not work well with gnome-shell?
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2020 11:22:12 +0200

On 21.02.2020 18:08, martin rudalics wrote:
In either case I'd have thought that the now attached patch is needed to
avoid a flicker when the frame does not need to be resized (and we still
would hide the frame and make it visible again) but apparently it's not
needed).

I've tried this patch and can't see any difference in behavior.

I could ask why not omit the call to gtk_window_resize when (totalwidth == gwidth && totalheight == gheight), but that would probably only affect performance.

Resizing only, I suppose.  We seemed to agree earlier that Lucid is slow
at repositioning + resizing.

Yes. In my main "real" scenario, though, resizing is a more frequent operation than repositioning (though the latter also happens regularly).